Monday, March 23, 2009

update on the kids


Today is Monday, March 23 and everyone has been sick in are house. Last Monday Mackenzie started running a fever and had a runny nose and watering eyes so I took her to the doctor and they said she had a virus and sent us home. On Tuesday night she screamed all night with her ear and said she couldn't hear out of it so back to the doctor we went on Wednesday morning. She now has a bad ear infection. Also while I was at the doctor Jeremy's school called and they said Jeremy had a seizure and and looked bad and said he wasn't feeling go. So off I went to pick him up. Once I got him home he said his throat was hurting so I took him to the doctor Wednesday afternoon. He has strep throat. I told the doctor that every time he gets strep throat he has a seizure and so he went back and looked and he had been having seizures each time he got strep throat and he said he has had strep throat 4 times and tonsillitis 2 times since the beginning of the year and I said yeah shouldn't we do something about this. So now we have an appointment on April 9 for him to see and ENT to see about getting his tonsils out. He he was off from school Thursday and Friday. Then on Friday Jacob woke up from a nap with a 104.3 temp and not moving so I took him to the doctor and he has pneumonia and he is now on an antibiotic. Kenzie is getting better but still a little fussy. Jeremy finished his medicine and has had no fever last night or today so he went back to school today and all went well. Jacob still has a bad cough and a low grade fever on and off so we go Thursday to the doctor again for a recheck to make sure he is getting better. And of course you would know that Scott and I have gotten it so we both feel horrible. Well that is all for about the sick kids and we will be posting more soon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Talk about a streak of bad luck with all the sickness in your house! I hope you guys all feel better soon! I really hope that the ENT visit for Jeremy goes well and maybe the removal of his tonsils will lesson the amount of seizures! I love the picture! Your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete